NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s tennis team downed Northern Kentucky University 5-2 in an Atlantic Sun Conference match at Highland Heights, Ky.
Lipscomb won 2 out of 3 doubles matches.
“The team showed a lot of focus and ability to adjust to several format changes and that was very pleasing,” said Lipscomb coach Jamie Aid.
“I am proud of how well the girls got the job done today.”
In singles play, the Lady Bisons only lost on No. 1 and No. 2 courts.
Melissa Kromer at No. 2 lost to Danielle Donahue in a tie-breaker 11-9. Kromer lost the first set 6-3 but came back strong winning the second set 6-3. Donahue won by a margin of two points.
Freshmen Laura Kent proved to be too good for NKU’s Masta Romea and defeated her in straight sets 6-1, 6-1.
The Lady Bisons recorded victories on No. 4, No. 5 and No.6.
The team advanced to 4-5 in conference play after this win.
Team will be seen in action at North Florida in the last conference match on April 12 in Jacksonville, Fla. before the A-Sun Championships.
- Masia Voseekova (NKU) def. Deahna Welcher (Lip) (6-3)(7-5)
- Danielle Donahue (NKU) def. Melissa Kromer (Lip) (6-3)(3-6)(11-9)
- Laura Kent (Lip) def. Masta Romea (NKU) (6-1)(6-1)
- Jenny Borck (Lip) def. Nicole Soutas (NKU) (6-4)(7-5)
- Lorena Djuknic (Lip) def. Sierra Nellessen (NKU) (6-0)(6-2)
- Sierra Troxel (Lip) def. Yasmine Xantos (NKU) (6-4)(6-1)
- Voscekova/ Donahue (NKU) def. Welcher/Borck (Lip) (8-0)
- Laura/Kent (Lip) def. Soutar/Xantos (NKU) (8-3)
- Djuknic/Troxel (Lip) def. Nellesson/ Romeo (NKU) (8-5)