|Women's Tennis » Schedule » Roster » News » Coaches » 2014 Stats|
Saturday, April 07, 2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb women’s tennis team was shutout 5-0 by North Florida in Atlantic Sun Conference action on Saturday afternoon in Jacksonville, Fla.
The loss drops the Lady Bison’s Atlantic Sun record to 1-6.
The Lady Bison dropped all three doubles matches to give UNF an early 1-0 lead.
Freshmen Deahna Welcher and Jenny Borck fell at No. 1 to No. 78-ranked Aline Berkenbrock and lorena Aviles 8-1.
At No. 2, seniors Danielle Hansen and Elizabeth Keevil were blanked 8-0 by Simona Weymar and Rebeca Pereira, while senior Samantha Bowman and sophomore Alyssa Bellini fell at No. 3 to Danielle Day and Melanie Aguirre 8-1.
The Lady Bison dropped four singles matches early, letting UNF clinch the match and leaving Welcher and Keevil unfinished on courts 2 and 4, respectively.
At No. 1, Bellini fell to Berkenbrock 6-0, 6-1, while Borck was defeated at No. 3 by Day 6-1, 6-3.
Hansen lost to Weymar 6-1, 6-1 at No. 5, and Bowman was shutout 6-0, 6-0 at No. 6 by Marina Cunningham.
The Lady Bison will return to Nashville and prepare for their final two A-Sun matches of the season. They will play host this weekend to Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson at the Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center.
1. #78 Aline Berkenbrock/Lorena Aviles (UNF-W) def. Deahna Welcher/Jenny Borck (LIP) 8-1
2. Simona Weymar/Rebeca Pereira (UNF-W) def. Danielle Hansen/Elizabeth Keevil (LIP) 8-0
3. Danielle Day/Melanie Aguirre (UNF-W) def. Samantha Bowman/Alyssa Bellini (LIP) 8-1
1. Aline Berkenbrock (UNF-W) def. Alyssa Bellini (LIP) 6-0, 6-1
2. Lorena Aviles (UNF-W) vs. Deahna Welcher (LIP) 6-0, 3-0, unfinished
3. Danielle Day (UNF-W) def. Jenny Borck (LIP) 6-1, 6-3
4. Melanie Aguirre (UNF-W) vs. Elizabeth Keevil (LIP) 6-1, 2-0, unfinished
5. Simona Weymar (UNF-W) def. Danielle Hansen (LIP) 6-1, 6-1
6. Marina Cunningham (UNF-W) def. Samantha Bowman (LIP) 6-0, 6-0
Women's Tennis Archives
2011-12 Women's Tennis