NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Lipscomb Lady Bisons tennis coach Jamie Aid was disappointed with the outcome but not with the execution of her team in the Atlantic Sun opener against North Florida.
The Lady Bisons fell 4-0 at Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center, but they didn’t lose without a fight.
“It is always hard to play the first conference match,” Aid said. “I thought we were in it.
“I told them they should feel hurt because they lost. But I was pleased with their effort and attitude. We represented the program well.”
Hannah Gamage and Danielle Kinnen won the No. 3 doubles match 8-0.
“They played well together,” Aid said. “All of our girls were competitive.”
The Lady Bisons are on the road Saturday in Evansville for a non-conference match.
Aid saw the match as further evidence that the team is working to change the culture of the program.
“I am happy with how they handled themselves,” Aid said. “I like the way that they fought.
“We are developing a new culture. That is never easy.”
North Florida 4, Lipscomb 0
- Hollander/Zuniga (UNF) def. Kent/Kromer (LIP), 8-5
- Vazquez/Pereira (UNF) def. Welcher/Borck (LIP), 8-2
- Gamage/Kinnen (LIP) def. Valdez/Intert (UNF), 8-0
- Zuniga (UNF) vs. Gamage (LIP), 0-6, 2-0, Unfinished
- Valdez (UNF) def. Welcher (LIP), 6-3, 6-2
- Hollander (UNF) vs. Kent (LIP), 3-1, Unfinished
- Vazquez (UNF) def. Kromer (LIP), 6-3, 6-4
- Pereira (UNF) vs. Borck (LIP), 2-2, unfinished
- Intert (UNF) def. Kinnen (LIP), 6-3, 6-5 (7-5)