MACON, Ga. – Lipscomb's Laura Kent went undefeated on the week and helped lead Lipscomb to a postseason berth on the way to claiming the Atlantic Sun Women's Tennis Player of the Week, announced Wednesday by the conference office.
Kent provided big victories at No. 1 doubles and No. 3 singles for the Lady Bisons throughout the week. To start off the week, Kent teamed with Melissa Kromer to defeat USC Upstate's Isabel von Stryk and Anna Zoske, 8-4. Going into singles play, Kent did not waste any time getting past Anna Zoske with a score of 6-2, 6-2 at No. 3 singles. Lipscomb went on to win the match, 6-1.
Against Kennesaw State, Kent and Kromer took care of business at No. 1 doubles again, winning 8-6. After splitting the first two sets against Alexandra Mercado, Kent dominated the third set, 6-1, to help Lipscomb clinch the match, 6-1.
Lipscomb (11-9; 2-3 in A-Sun) earned a spot in the A-Sun Championship with the two wins in the past week. The Lady Bisons face Northern Kentucky in the regular season finale for Lipscomb.
Atlantic Sun Women's Tennis Player of the Week - Apr. 8th
Laura Kent, Lipscomb
Sophomore | Kangaroo Valley, Australia
- First Career A-Sun Tennis Player of the Week Award
- Completed week with a 4-0 record in A-Sun matches
- Teamed with Melissa Kromer to go 2-0 at No. 1 doubles
- Def. Upstate's Anna Zoske at No. 3 singles, 6-2, 6-2
- Won vs. Mercado of KSU on No. 3 singles in three sets
- Helped Lipscomb clinch berth into A-Sun Championship