NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Lipscomb women’s tennis team concluded their indoor play on Saturday and moved their win streak to six matches with a 5-2 win over Southeast Missouri State.
Following a program history-making win over their rival Belmont on Friday, the Lady Bisons came back out on Saturday with the same energy.
“I thought our girls did a great job of turning around in twenty-four hours to compete again this evening,” head coach Jamie Aid said.
A major factor in the Lady Bisons win streak is their doubles play. Lipscomb has now also taken six straight doubles points. Strong play from the second and third lines in doubles took the point quickly on Saturday.
Hannah Gamage and Danielle Kinnen teamed up at the two line while Kate Kandyba and Hanna Victorsson were at the third line with both teams picking up 6-1 wins.
In singles play, Gamage and Kandyba dropped their respective matches in tough three setters at the top two spots.
The three though six spots all stepped up, however, to sweep the final four matches.
Laura Kent continued her strong play at the three spot where she faced Mila Majtan. Kent dropped just two games on her way to a 6-0, 6-2 win.
Victorsson had similar success at the four spot against Anais Emelie where she also won 6-0, 6-2.
Melissa Kromer saw Ana Canahuate-Torres at the fifth line and lost just four games as she went on to win 6-2, 6-2.
At the sixth spot, Kinnen faced Annisa Warasanti and sealed the win with her 6-4, 6-2 victory.
“I thought we played our game well, we continue to see the girls confidence grow match by match,” Aid said.
The Lady Bisons look to continue their winning ways later this week as they face Jacksonville State on Friday at 2 p.m. With the end of indoor season, play moves outside to Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center.
Lipscomb 5 – Southeast Missouri State 2
- Laura Kent/Melissa Kromer (LIP) vs. Mariya Kostiuk/Anais Emelie (SEMO) 4-5, unfinished
- Hannah Gamage/Danielle Kinnen (LIP) def. Isabella Krupa/Ana Canahuate-Torres (SEMO) 6-1
- Kate Kandyba/Hanna Victorsson (LIP) def. Annisa Warasanti/Mila Majtan (SEMO) 6-1
- Mariya Kostiuk (SEMO) def. Hannah Gamage (LIP) 7-5, 3-6, 6-4
- Isabella Krupa (SEMO) def. Kate Kandyba (LIP) 6-4, 6-7(7-3), 7-6 (7-2)
- Laura Kent (LIP) def. Mila Majtan (SEMO) 6-0, 6-2
- Hanna Victorsson (LIP) def. Anais Emelie (SEMO) 6-0, 6-2
- Melissa Kromer (LIP) def. Ana Canahuate-Torres (SEMO) 6-2, 6-2
- Danielle Kinnen (LIP) def. Annisa Warasanti (SEMO) 6-4, 6-2