NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s tennis team ended its program record-setting win streak at seven with a 4-3 loss to Murray State.
The match was played indoors Friday night at the Whitworth Indoor Tennis Center. Lipscomb is 8-3. Murray evened its record at 4-4.
“Our girls fought hard and we came up short,” Lipscomb coach Jamie Aid said. “We did not execute deuce points well. We did not hold serves during big games.
“We have to begin to play better under pressure. Points, not games separated the match.”
The middle of the order was strong with Laura Kent winning 7-6, 7-6 at No. 3. Hanna Victorsson took a 6-1, 6-3 decision at No. 4. Melissa Kromer also won in straight sets 6-3, 6-3.
Kent and Kromer won at No. 2 doubles as the Lady Bisons failed to earn the point.
“Hopefully this will be a good lesson to our girls with the expectation of mental toughness,” Aid said. “The team is here during spring break doing an in-town mission trip and we look forward to having a good week spending time together to serve while also working on our tennis.”
March 11, 2016
Whitworth Indoor Tennis Center
- Megan Blue (MUR) def. Hannah Gamage (LIP) 6-3, 6-1
2.Amina Hadzic (MUR) def. Kate Kandyba (LIP) 7-5, 4-6, 7-6 (7-4)
3. Laura Kent (LIP) def. Haily Morgan (MUR) 7-6, 7-6
4. Hanna Victorsson (LIP) def. Erin Patton (MUR) 6-1, 6-3
5. Melissa Kromer. (LIP) def. Jeanne Masson (MUR) 6-3, 6-3
6. Alina Schibol (MUR) def. Danielle Kinnen (LIP) 4-6, 6-3, 7-5
1. Haily Morgan/Erin Patton (MUR) def. Hannah Gamage/Danielle Kinnen (LIP) 6-3
2. Laura Kent/Melissa Kromer (LIP) def. Megan Blue/Amina Hadzic (MUR) 6-3
3. Jeanne Masson/Alina Schibol (MUR) def. Kate Kandyba/Hannah Victorsson (LIP) 7-5