NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s tennis got back on the winning track in the first home outdoor meet of the season.
Friday night the Lady Bisons, 9-3, beat Evansville 5-2 at the Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center on the Lipscomb campus. Lipscomb is back in action at 8:30 a.m. Saturday when Jacksonville State visits.
It has been a busy weekend for the women’s team as the players spent most of their spring break working with refugees in Nashville as a mission’s project.
“The girls have come off of a week that they dedicated to serving,” Lipscomb coach Jamie Aid said. “This week has brought our girls really close together and has allowed them to see all the different strengths that every girl brings to our program.
“This morning we started the day debriefing at World Relief and then finished the day with a 5-2 win. I am very proud of our girls and their willingness to be selfless this week both on and off the court.”
Inclement weather could be an issue Saturday. Aid is hopeful the match will be played.
“We hope the weather allows us to play Jacksonville State.” Aid said. “Every match we play we are trying to become better and better as we approach the conference portion of our schedule this coming Thursday.”
Lipscomb 5, Evansville 2
Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center
March 18, 2016
- Laura Kent/Melissa Kromer (LIP) def. Marine Darzyan/Andjela Brguljan (UE), 6-2
- Hannah Gamage/Dani Kinnen (LIP) vs. Kennedy Craig/Katie Delgado (UE), 3-3, DNF
- Kate Kandyba/Hanna Victorsson (LIP) vs. N/A (UE), default
- Brguljan (UE) def. Gamage (LIP), 2-6, 6-2, 7-5
- Delgado (UE) def. Kandyba (LIP), 6-4, 6-3
- Kent (LIP) def. Craig (UE), 6-2, 6-3
- Victorsson (LIP def. Darzyan (UE), 3-6, 6-4 (10-2)
- Kromer (LIP) def. Leah Helpingstine (UE), 6-0, 6-0
- Lorena Djuknic vs. N/A, default