NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s tennis team won the doubles point, but managed only one singles win on the way to a 4-2 loss to the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga.
The match was played at the Whitworth Tennis Center Saturday night.
Lipscomb’s Vika Dzyuba and Denise Buberl teamed to defeat Samantha Caswell and Rachele Gazzola 6-3 at No. 1 singles. Madeleine Brooks and Hannah Gamage gave the Lady Bisons the doubles point with a 6-3 win at No. 2 over Delaney Edwards and Sydney Patton.
Dzyuba won the No.1 singles match with a dominating 6-3, 6-2 win over Caswell.
It would be the only singles win for the Lady Bisons.
Lipscomb is 1-4 on the season. Chattanooga is 5-2.
The Lady Bisons return to action Feb. 11 against Western Kentucky at Whitworth.
Chattanooga 4, Lipscomb 2
Feb 5, 2017 at Nashville, Tenn.
1. Vika Dzyuba/Denise Buberl (LIP) def. Samantha Caswell/Rachele Gazzola (UTC) 6-3
2. Madeleine Brooks/Hannah Gamage (LIP) def. Delaney Edwards/Sydney Patton (UTC) 6-3
3. Thabile Tshatedi/Jaclyn Findlay (LIP) vs. Caroline Hall/McKenzie Barco (UTC) 3-5, unfinished
1. Vika Dzyuba (LIP) def. Samantha Caswell (UTC) 6-3, 6-2
2. Delaney Edwards (UTC) def. Madeleine Brooks (LIP) 7-5, 6-0
3. Sydney Patton (UTC) def. Denise Buberl (LIP) 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
4. Caroline Hall (UTC) def. Hannah Gamage (LIP) 6-4, 7-5
5. Thabile Tshatedi (LIP) vs. Rachelle Gazzola (UTC) 2-6, 4-5, unfinished
6. McKenzie Barco (UTC) def. Jaclyn Findlay (LIP) 6-1, 6-1