WOMEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK:
Dani Walker, Lipscomb (Mid-Distance – Fr. – Wichita, Kan. – Kinesiology)
• First Career A-Sun Track Athlete of the Week award
• Broke school record in the 3,000m at the Shamrock Invite with time of 10:07.79
• Anchored school record setting 4x800m relay with time of 8:55.20
• Second in the 1,500m with time of 4:41.83
• On the season has broken school records in indoor 800m, mile run, 4x400m, DMR and outdoor 800m, 3,000m, 5,000m, 4x400m and 4x800
This was Walker’s first A-Sun track weekly award, but she was honored as a weekly winner in cross country in the fall and was A-Sun Freshman of the Year in cross country.
Information provided by the Atlantic Sun Conference.