NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb baseball team will play in its first road game of the season on Tuesday as it heads down the road to take on Middle Tennessee at Resse Smith Jr. Field with first pitch scheduled for 3 p.m.
The Bisons come into the midweek matchup with an overall record of 8-2 and took two out of three games in their series against the Ohio State Buckeyes last weekend.
The game on Tuesday vs the Blue Raiders will have an audio stream through the Blue Raiders radio network and live stats will be available as well.
There is a chance of rain in the forecast for Tuesday, so be sure to follow @Bisonbaseball on Twitter and check lipscombsports.com for any updates regarding the game.
Lipscomb - RHP Patrick Williams (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
Middle Tennessee - RHP Zach Keenan (1-1, 4.09 ERA)
SCOUTING THE BLUE RAIDERS:
- Middle Tennessee has an overall record of 3-8 so far on the 2020 season and is currently on a four-game losing streak.
- The Blue Raiders were swept this past weekend in a road series at Tulane.
- 26 newcomers makeup the roster for the Blue Raiders this season (19 transfers and seven freshmen).
- Fausto Lopez brings a capable bat to the MT lineup hitting .366 on the year with four doubles, three RBI and a .463 slugging percentage.
- Zach Keenan will be making his third start on the bump this season. Over 11.0 innings he has a 4.09 ERA and 11 punchouts.
AROUND THE HORN:
- Senior second baseman and leadoff hitter, Haddon Adams, is currently riding a 10-game hitting streak.
- The Murfreesboro, Tennessee native has been productive through 10 games hitting .351 with three doubles, one home run, six RBI and 14 runs scored.
- Adams also has speed on the base paths, as he leads the Purple and Gold with four bag swipes in four attempts.
- Malik Williams provides the power in the cleanup spot. Williams leads the Bisons in home runs (3), RBI (11) and slugging percentage (.561), to go along with a .317 batting average.
- Chaz Bertolani has been a dangerous catcher for opponents to try and run on. The sophomore has caught five runners stealing this season.
- Freshman Knox Preston has inserted himself into the starting lineup with his play recently. Preston came up in the clutch with a walk-off single in the second game of the Ohio State series this past weekend.
- Patrick Williams will be making his first collegiate start against MT. He has appeared in two games out of the bullpen so far this season going 4.1 innings with three strikeouts.
- Tyler Guilfoil has been effective in the closer role for the Bisons, as he has already picked up four saves on the year, which leads the ASUN.