|March 10, 2020||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: FOLSOM (2-0)||1.1||1||0||0||0||1|
|Loss: McILLWAIN (1-1)||2.0||4||5||1||1||2|
|March 11, 2020||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: EINSTEIN (3-0)||1.1||4||3||3||1||2|
|Loss: FISHER (0-3)||2.0||2||1||1||0||2|
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb baseball team will start a new week and is scheduled for back-to-back match-ups against Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech.
The Bisons will first play host to the Governors on Tuesday and then follow that up with a trip to Cookeville, Tennessee to face the Golden Eagles. Tuesday's game from Dugan Field has a first pitch start time of 4:05 p.m. and Wednesday's contest will start at 3:00 p.m.
The game versus Austin Peay will be broadcast on the Lipscomb Bisons YouTube channel, while the game at Tennessee Tech will be available on ESPN+. Live stats will also be available for both games.
Tuesday's game at Dugan Field will also be 2-for-1 tickets and drinks. Fans can enjoy BOGO tickets either at the gate or online and if you already have tickets to the game fans can take advantage of our 2-for-1 on all bottled soft drinks at the concession stand. Tickets can be purchased online HERE or by calling the Lipscomb ticket office at 615-966-HERD (4373). You can also visit the ticket office at the main entrance of Allen Arena.
There is a chance of rain in the forecast for both Tuesday and Wednesday, so be sure to follow @Bisonbaseball on Twitter and check lipscombsports.com for any updates regarding the games.
TUESDAY - RHP Patrick Williams (0-0, 2.89 ERA) vs. RHP Peyton Jula (1-0, 5.40 ERA)
WEDNESDAY - TBD vs. TBD
SCOUTING THE COMPETITION:
- The Governors have compiled an overall record of 6-9 on the year and are 1-3 in road games.
- Austin Peay started Ohio Valley Conference play last weekend and went 1-2 against Murray State.
- Gino Avros is the top-bat for the Govs hitting .339 with eight doubles, one home run and 10 RBI.
- Tennessee Tech has an overall record of 3-11 through the first four weeks of the season.
- After sweeping Evansville to start their season, the Golden Eagles have struggled as they have lost 11 consecutive games.
AROUND THE HORN:
- The Bisons returned home from their first road trip of the season at Alabma where they took one of three games against the No. 25 ranked Crimson Tide.
- Lipscomb ended Alabama's 14-game winning streak to start the season by taking game two of the series, 3-2.
- The victory over the Crimson Tide on Saturday was the first time the Bisons beat a ranked opponent since March 27, 2018 when they took down No. 8 Vanderbilt, 5-1.
- Sophomore RHP Scott Elgin had a career-night in the first game of the series versus the Tide tossing 6.0 innings without allowing an earned run and recorded a career-high 10 strikeouts.
- Elgin's 10 K's were the most by a Lipscomb pitcher this season and the first time a Lipscomb pitcher hit double-digit punchouts since Chris Kachmar struck out 10 vs. North Alabama on May 16, 2019.
- Leadoff hitter Haddon Adams unfortunately saw his 11-game hitting streak come to an end over the weekend.
- The Purple and Gold have been successful when stealing bases this season going 21-for-22. Adams leads the team with six bag swipes.
- Sophomore Chaz Bertolani leads the Bisons in hitting with a .379 average, which ranks fourth in the ASUN.