|December 20, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||APSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.590 (36-61)||.444 (28-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.364 (8-22)||.375 (12-32)|
|FT Percentage||.632 (12-19)||.696 (16-23)|
MILLER - 2
MORAN - 2
BUTLER - 1
HAMPTON - 1
SMITH - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Lipscomb men’s basketball returns home on Sunday afternoon to close out play before the Christmas break by hosting Austin Peay at Allen Arena for “Christmas with the Bisons.”
It marks the eighth meeting between the two schools in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons. Lipscomb has taken all seven of those contests. Austin Peay owns the all-time lead in the series that dates back 39-32 to 1935.
The game will air on the ESPN3 will father-son duo, Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action from Don Meyer Court. Tickets are available online at http://lipscomb.streamlineticketing.com/web/event/546/mens-basketball-vs-austin-peay-12-20-2015/ or by visiting the box office prior to the game.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in last Saturday’s first half against Princeton. Williams had surgery on Thursday and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), Dylan Greene (Heel) and David Wishon (Wrist) as members of the team sidelined due to injury.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- Williams is one of 30 players named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list and the preseason All-American team. The award goes to the top mid-major player annually.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking third in the nation with 237 assists. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 7th in the nation with 75 helpers through 14 games. That figure ranks him third in the nation among sophomores.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the nation with 152 3-point field goals made and sits second in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 333 trifectas through 14 games. The Bisons 10.9, 3-point field goals per game ranks 7th in the nation.
- Freshman Eli Pepper ranks second in the nation among rookies with 83 defensive rebounds. Pepper trails only LSU freshman phenom Ben Simmons who has 98.
- The Purple and Gold do not leave the Music City during the month of December as the schedule features six home games at Allen Arena and one road contest at Tennessee State on Dec. 17.
- Junior J.C. Hampton earned all-tournament honors in the Men Against Breast Cancer Challenge in Oxford, Ohio. Hampton averaged 14 points per game to go along with a 4.0 rebound-per-game average.