|October 09, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|UE||63:58||Weber, Ben (Peck, Davis )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UE|
|Shots (on Goal)||12 (5)||12 (4)|
NASHVILLE – Coming off back-to-back wins to right the ship and brimming with confidence, the Lipscomb men’s soccer team will step out of conference Tuesday for a rare road contest midweek.
The Bisons will travel to The Hoosier State to take on the Evansville Purple Aces at 6 p.m. at Arad McCutchan Stadium.
Live stats are available HERE.
LAST TIME OUT
- Lipscomb (3-7-0) got its second win in a row Saturday with a come-from-behind road victory, 2-1, at North Florida.
- John Wynia and Zarek Jakubowski scored their first career goals in the match.
- Jakubowski, playing in his first career match, scored on the first shot of his career. He saw just 12 minutes of action.
- Noah Gulden and Jake Zec picked up assists in the match for their first points of the year.
- The victory gave the Bisons their first winning streak of the season after opening the campaign 1-7.
- Senior Chris Zappia finished with three saves in net.
- The Bisons outshot the Ospreys 11-10.
- The Bisons and Aces have met nine times on the pitch with Lipscomb holding a slight 4-3-2 advantage.
- Lipscomb owns four straight wins over Evansville.
- The Purple and Gold came from behind last season with three second-half scores to down the Aces, 4-2, in Nashville.
- Evansville enters Tuesday 1-5-5 overall and 0-1-1 in Missouri Valley play.
- The Aces’ last victory came on September 7 with a 1-0 decision over No. 17 Grand Canyon at home.
- Since that match, they have gone 0-3-3, including a 3-2 loss at Central Arkansas over the weekend.
- The Aces have scored just 11 goals on the year, while conceding 26 or 2.36 per outing.
- They are attempting 12.4 shots per match.
- Nine players have scored a goal this season, including Ben Weber and Mathias Nors who lead the team with a pair each.
- Weber paces the team with five points after adding assist to his season line.
- Filip Johansson is tops on the team with two assists.
- Frederik Reimer has started all 11 matches in net for Evansville, and has played all but 21 minutes.
- Reimer has 45 saves on the season with a .643 save percentage. He has allowed 25 goals and 2.09 per match while facing 138 shots.
- Lipscomb is 1-3 on the road this season.
- The Bisons lead the ASUN with 72 corner kicks. Liberty is second with only 50.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the league in shots on goal (55), and third in shots/game (12.1) and SOG percentage (.455). Its 13 assists are fourth most.
- Logan Paynter and Birchfield both lead the team and rank ninth in the conference with three goals and seven total points. Their goal totals are eighth best.
- Wynia moved into a tie for third in the ASUN with three assists on the year.
- Zappia ranks second in the conference with a .725 save percentage, third in goals allowed (11), and fourth in saves (29) and GAA (1.57).
- Paynter tops the Bisons with 24 shots and 11 SOG, while Birchfield has handled
- a team-high 41 corner kicks.
- Zapata and Javier Leija are the only other Bisons to have scored multiple goals (2). Leija is third on the team with six points after also picking up a pair of helpers.
- 11 different players have been credited with an assist this season, led by Wynia.
- The Bisons’ 1.50 goals per game are the fourth most in the league.
The Bisons return home to host ASUN newcomer Liberty next weekend, Oct. 13 at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex. Kickoff between the Bisons and Flames is set for 7 p.m.