ATLANTA - Lipscomb volleyball's Carlyle Nusbaum was named the ASUN Player of the Week for a conference record 10th time, announced by the league office on Monday.
Nusbaum shared the honor with Cortney VanLiew of FGCU.
The Overland Park, Kansas native adds to her decorated career with a 10th Player of the Week honor, extending her own ASUN Conference record.
Nusbaum was an integral part in Lipscomb's wins over SMU and Iowa, two top-100 teams last season. She notched double-doubles in both matches.
In Friday's win against SMU, she had 10 kills and 11 digs to go along with a .358 hitting percentage. She followed that up with an even better performance against Big Ten foe Iowa, as she had 21 kills, 13 digs and a hitting percentage of .356.
The outside hitter now ranks 11th in ASUN history in kills with 1,346.
Carlyle Nusbaum, Lipscomb - Aug. 27th
Senior | Outside Hitter | Overland Park, Kan. | Business Marketing
- 10th Career ASUN Player of the Week Award; most in ASUN history
- Registered 31 kills, 3.88 kills/set, 24 digs, three blocks and a .358 hitting percentage in a 2-0 weekend for Lipscomb
- In Friday's sweep of SMU, Nusbaum recorded a double-double of 10 kills and 11 digs
- Led the charge in a comeback win over Iowa, with 21 kills, 13 digs and a .356 hitting percentage
- Now sits 11th all-time in ASUN history in kills with 1,346