|September 05, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
- 15||Kills||Julia Bergmann
- 36||Assists||Matti McKissock
- 2||Aces||Maddie Tippett
Julia Bergmann - 1
- 16||Digs||Maddie Tippett
PHILLIPS - 5
Mariana Brambilla - 4
|September 06, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||Final|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb volleyball team will look to get on track this weekend with a pair of matches in the Hyatt Regency Invitational in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Bisons will face host Georgia Tech at 6 p.m. on Friday, before taking on IUPUI at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Only Friday’s match versus the Yellow Jackets will be streamed, however, the match can only be seen on ACCNX – which you can stream through the ESPN app or WatchESPN, but only if your television provider carries the channel.
Live stats will be available for both matches HERE.
BISONS VS. THE FIELD
- It will be Lipscomb’s first-ever meetings with Georgia Tech.
- The Bisons and Jaguars have met once before in 2005 with IUPUI taking the victory, 3-0.
SCOUTING GEORGIA TECH
- Georgia Tech is coached by Michelle Collier in her sixth year. She used to be the head coach at Jacksonville University 2012-13.
- The Yellow Jackets are coming off a weekend where they swept the Georgia Tech Invitational with wins against Long Beach State, Southern and UNC Asheville.
- On Tuesday, Georgia Tech suffered its first loss of the season, 3-1, on the road at Kennesaw State.
- Freshman Julia Bergmann earned tournament MVP over the weekend after recording 44 kills, a 4.40 kills per set average, 37 digs and eight service aces.
- Sophomore Matti McKissock and senior Kodie Comby were also on the all-tournament team.
- McKissock posted 115 assists and 21 digs, while Comby totaled 21 kills and five blocks.
- The Jaguars are led by first-year head coach Lindsey Buteyn, who was named to her position in February after carrying an interim tag at the end of 2018.
- IUPUI opened the season 1-2 in the Hampton Inn Invitational in Indianapolis last weekend.
- They earned a 3-2 victory over Murray State, and fell to South Dakota (3-1) and Valparaiso (3-1).
- McKayla Wright led the Jaguars attack with 44 kills and six service aces, and finished second on the squad with 38 digs.
- Maddie Dean finished behind Wright with 25 kills.
- Lipscomb was led by Lanie Wagner (26) and Garrett Joiner (22) in kills last weekend.
- Senior middle Maddie Phillips was just behind with 17 total kills.
- Morgan Elmore was credited with 77 of the team’s 90 assists and she also scooped up 12 digs.
- Alyssa Zwolensky was named to the Cowtown Classic All-Tournament team after leading the squad with 29 digs.
- The Bisons were outhit .340 to .104 in three matches, but averaged 11.11 kills per frame.
- Four players finished with double-figure digs, and five with double-figure kills.
- Joiner and Sami Rubal led Lipscomb with four blocks each.
Lipscomb will play a midweek match at Belmont on Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the Curb Event Center before coming home next weekend to host the LUV Invite on Friday and Saturday.