|November 24, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MUR||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.421 (32-76)||.525 (31-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.167 (5-30)||.545 (12-22)|
|FT Percentage||.762 (16-21)||.826 (19-23)|
- 20||Loren Cagle
- 5||Loren Cagle
LEE - 2
Ashley Southern - 2
Loren Cagle - 2
Riley Northway - 2
- 2||Ashley Southern
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (1-3) women’s basketball team will be taking on Murray State (1-2) at home on Tuesday for its first home game since the season opener.
The two teams have faced off seven times in each program’s history, with Murray State holding a 4-2 advantage.
In the most recent matchup between the two, Murray State came out on top 74-71 at home last season. During that meeting, Ashley Southern paced Lipscomb with a double-double of 21 points and 12 rebounds, while Ke’Shunan James led the Racers with 18 points and eight rebounds.
SCOUTING THE RACERS:
- Murray State comes into the matchup having lost to Central Arkansas 61-51 at home. James led the Racers with 14 points in the loss.
- James is the Racers leading scorer with a 21.3 per game average. LeAsia Wright adds 16.0 per contest.
- Kyra Gulledge leads the team in rebounding with 9.8 per game to go along with 7.3 points.
- In their most recent outing, the Lady Bisons lost to Tennessee Tech on the road 81-70. Southern led the way for the Purple and Gold with 23 points on 9-15 shooting to go along with nine rebounds, while Sophomore Riley Northway notched a career-high 20 points.
- In the first game of the season, Lipscomb lost to Loyola (MD) 57-52 at home. In the loss, Southern set a program NCAA-era record for rebounds in a single game with 20. She also added 15 points.
- For her performance in the opening week, Southern was named the Co-Atlantic Sun Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second time in her career.
- Southern is averaging 12.0 rebounds per game ranking her first in the Atlantic Sun and 21st in the nation.
- Cagle ranks first in the A-Sun in assists with a 6.8 per game mark. The number ranks her 18th in the nation.
You can follow the game on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.