|November 22, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||Rider|
|FG Percentage||.469 (23-49)||.455 (25-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.556 (10-18)||.471 (8-17)|
|FT Percentage||.870 (20-23)||.852 (23-27)|
- 27||Stella Johnson
- 11||Stella Johnson
- 5||Amanda Mobley
- 2||Stella Johnson
- 1||Stella Johnson
|November 23, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||Marist||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.481 (25-52)||.356 (21-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.321 (9-28)||.259 (7-27)|
|FT Percentage||.577 (15-26)||.700 (14-20)|
|Rebounds||Grace Vander Weide
|Assists||Grace Vander Weide
Sarah Barcello - 2
NASHVILLE - After a two-game home stand, their first of the season, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team is headed to Orlando, Florida this weekend for the first-ever MAAC/ASUN Challenge.
The Lady Bisons will take on Rider on Friday at 1:30 p.m. before facing Marist on Saturday at 11 a.m.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS:
- Rider is 2-1 on the year, with wins at Penn State and vs Xavier. Their only loss came at Princeton
- Marist is unblemished at 3-0. They have beaten Boston, Albany, and Elon.
- Lipscomb has faced neither team previously in the Division I era.
- Senior Stella Johnson leads Rider in scoring so far this season at 24.7 points per contest. The mark is sixth in the nation.
- Senior Rebekah Hand paces Marist with 19.7 points per game through three outings.
- On Tuesday, the Lady Bisons dropped a home outing 67-57 to Murray State despite leading throughout the first three quarters of the contest.
- Lipscomb won its home opener in exciting fashion last Friday night with a 71-69 victory over NKU. Four players scored in double-figures, led by 17 from Casey Collier. Carleigh Short scored 13 and hit the game-tying bucket with 12.8 seconds left. Despite missing much of the game due to foul trouble, Dorie Harrison hit the game-winning free throws with under two seconds left.
- The Lady Bisons opened the 2019-20 season an 82-60 loss at Dayton last week. Newcomers scored 51 of Lipscomb’s 60 points.
- Collier won the ASUN Freshman of the Week award after her performance in the win over Northern Kentucky. She is averaging 9.8 points and a team-high 6.8 rebounds per game.
- Harrison paces the team with 11.8 points per contest. Freshman Jalyn Holcomb adds 10.5 per outing.
- Lipscomb returns 10 players, nine of which played last season, including two seniors (Carleigh Short and Emily Kmec), two juniors (Sydney Shelton and Taylor Clark), and six sophomores (Jane Deason, Keely Morrow, Taylor Hammack, Kailey Rosenbaum, Gabi Grillon, and Gracie Simpson).
- Joining the Lady Bisons are two sophomore transfers (Dorie Harrison from Kentucky and Lindsey Whiteside from Rhodes, head coach Lauren Sumski’s former school) and three freshmen (Casey Collier, Jalyn Holcomb, and Blythe Pearson).