|December 08, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||TSU|
|FG Percentage||.447 (17-38)||.403 (25-62)|
|3P FG Percentage||.533 (8-15)||.214 (3-14)|
|FT Percentage||.842 (32-38)||.786 (11-14)|
Wrightsell - 2
Kent - 2
COLLIER - 1
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team is back in town this weekend, but they will still be on the road as the Lady Bisons make the short trip to the Gentry Center to face Tennessee State on Sunday at 2 p.m.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS:
- TSU is 1-5 on the season heading into the meeting. They have lost five in a row after a season-opening win vs Wilberforce.
- This is the 16th meeting in the Division I era for the two programs. TSU currently holds a 12-3 series lead, but Lipscomb won 64-62 in last year’s season opener at Allen Arena.
- Taylor Roberts leads the Tigers in scoring so far this season at 15.0 points per contest.
- Jazmine Young and Deaja Richardson add 9.7 and 9.2 points per game.
- This is one of seven overall and the first of four consecutive matchups against OVC squads for Lipscomb.
- This is also the third of seven consecutive games in the state of Tennessee for the Lady Bisons.
- Lipscomb is fifth in the nation with a stellar .806 free throw percentage.
- On Tuesday, the Lady Bisons fell at Middle Tennessee 70-49 in a morning midweek matchup.
- Jalyn Holcomb won the ASUN Freshman of the Week for her 27-point outing against Rider.
- Casey Collier won the previous ASUN Freshman of the Week after scoring 17 points to lead Lipscomb to a 71-69 win in its home opener vs Northern Kentucky.
- Carleigh Short scored 13 and hit the game-tying bucket with 12.8 seconds left against NKU. Despite missing much of the game due to foul trouble, Dorie Harrison hit the game-winning free throws with under two seconds left.
- The Lady Bisons opened the 2019-20 season an 82-60 loss at Dayton last week. Newcomers scored 51 of Lipscomb’s 60 points.
- Holcomb leads the team with 13.6 points and 2.4 assists per contest.
- Harrison adds 10.2 points and leads the team with 6.3 rebounds per game.
- Collier scores 8.9 points and is second with 5.3 rebounds per game.
- Senior Taylor Clark averages 9.5 points and 4.8 rebounds.