|January 25, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNF||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.400 (26-65)||.381 (24-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.350 (7-20)||.280 (7-25)|
|FT Percentage||.692 (9-13)||.625 (5-8)|
Green - 16
COLLIER - 2
|January 27, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||JU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.371 (23-62)||.407 (24-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (7-21)||.174 (4-23)|
|FT Percentage||.769 (20-26)||.750 (12-16)|
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team is back in Nashville for a pair of ASUN matchups.
On Saturday, Lipscomb will face North Florida at 1:30 p.m. in Allen Arena as part of a doubleheader with the men’s team. On Monday night, the Lady Bisons will face off with Jacksonville at 6:30 p.m.
SCOUTING THE OSPREYS:
- UBF is 10-8 on the season and 3-2 in ASUN play on the season.
- In their last outing, the Ospreys defeated Jacksonville 70-64 on the road.
- Last season, the Lady Bisons lost both matchups to UNF: 68-53 at home and 72-66 in Jacksonville.
- Janesha Green leads the Ospreys in scoring this season at 13.4 points. Jazz Bond averages 12.2 points and 7.6 rebounds. Adrienne Jackson adds 10.7 points and a team-high 8.8 rebounds.
SCOUTING THE DOLPHINS:
- Heading into the weekend, Jacksonville is 10-8 with a 2-3 record in conference play.
- Both of their ASUN wins came at home against Stetson and NJIT.
- The two squads split last season’s meetings, with JU winning 62-47 at home and Lipscomb returning the favor 61-58 in Allen Arena.
- Danielle Tunstall leads the Highlanders in scoring this season at 13.1 points per contest.
- Lipscomb is fifth in the nation with a stellar .786 free throw percentage.
- In their last outing, Lipscomb defeated NJIT 65-57 in Newark. Taylor Clark led the team with 19 points and six rebounds. Jalyn Holcomb won her third ASUN Freshman of the Week award after notching 18 points, three rebounds, and four steals.
- The Lady Bisons opened ASUN play by ending a 16-game, nine-year losing streak to Stetson with a 65-59 win on the road. Junior Taylor Clark exploded for a career-high 31 points to earn the ASUN Player of the Week award, while Jalyn Holcomb earned her second ASUN Freshman of the Week award thanks to a 20-point outing.
- Lipscomb dominated Queens 86-45 on New Year’s Day. Four Lady Bisons scored in double-figures in the win.
- On Dec. 9, the Lady Bisons ended a five-game losing streak with a cross-town 74-64 win over TSU. Casey Collier led Lipscomb with 18 points, six rebounds, four assists, one steal, and one block.
- Jalyn Holcomb won the ASUN Freshman of the Week for her 27-point outing against Rider.
- Casey Collier won the previous ASUN Freshman of the Week after scoring 17 points to lead Lipscomb to a 71-69 win in its home opener vs Northern Kentucky.
- Carleigh Short scored 13 and hit the game-tying bucket with 12.8 seconds left against NKU. Despite missing much of the game due to foul trouble, Dorie Harrison hit the game-winning free throws with under two seconds left.
- Holcomb leads the team with 14.5 points per contest.
- Harrison adds 10.2 points and leads the team with 6.3 rebounds per game.
- Collier scores 9.7 points, 5.1 rebounds, and a team-high 2.7 assists.
- Senior Taylor Clark has three double-doubles on the year and averages 13.7 points and 5.7 rebounds.