|February 01, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||STET||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.375 (18-48)||.216 (11-51)|
|3P FG Percentage||.118 (2-17)||.192 (5-26)|
|FT Percentage||.417 (10-24)||.538 (7-13)|
COLLIER - 7
Tonysha Curry - 1
Jon'Nita Henry - 1
Kimia Carter - 1
Jamiya Turner - 1
Robertson - 1
Kendall Lentz - 1
CLARK - 2
COLLIER - 2
DEASON - 1
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team starts the second half of their ASUN schedule on Saturday as the Lady Bisons will face off against Stetson.
The matchup with the Hatters will tip off at 1:30 p.m. as part of a doubleheader with the men’s team in Allen Arena.
SCOUTING THE HATTERS:
- Stetson is 8-12 on the season, including 2-5 in ASUN. In their last outing, the Ospreys defeated NJIT 72-49 at home.
- In their first matchup this season,the Lady Bisons opened ASUN play by ending a 16-game, nine-year losing streak to Stetson with a 65-59 win on the road. Junior Taylor Clark exploded for a career-high 31 points to earn the ASUN Player of the Week award, while Jalyn Holcomb earned her second ASUN Freshman of the Week award thanks to a 20-point outing.
- Day’Neshia Banks leads the Hatters in both scoring and rebounding at 15.1 points and 8.3 rebounds per game. She is the only Stetson player averaging double-figure points.
- Lipscomb is ninth in the nation with a stellar 78.0 free throw percentage. Eight Lady Bisons are shooting at least 70.0 percent from the field.
- In their last outing, Lipscomb fell at home to Jacksonville 73-64. They have lost four in a row at home.
- Freshman Jalyn Holcomb leads the team in scoring with 14.8 points per game, has scored in double-figures in all but three games, and has scored at least eight points in every game. Her three ASUN Freshman of the Week awards, tied tops in the conference. She also has the team’s highest three-point percentage at 34 percent.
- Junior Taylor Clark is the only Lady Bison to win the ASUN Player of the Week award so far this season. She is second on the team in both points (13.5) and rebounds (5.7) per game. Her three doubles-doubles are the top mark on the team.
- Freshman Casey Collier has earned one ASUN Freshman of the Week award. The point guard fills up the stat sheet with 10.0 points, 5.1 rebounds, and a team-high 2.8 assists. She also leads the team with 4.6 defensive rebounds per game.
- Seniors Emily Kmec and Carleigh Short and Holcomb are the only Lady Bisons to start every game.
- Nine Lady Bisons are averaging over 20 minutes of action per game, led by Holcomb’s 33.9 minutes clip.
- Kmec has a team-high 19 blocks on the season, while Holcomb leads the team with 26 steals.